Creative Content Specialist
We're seeking a highly creative individual to assist in the ongoing development of our Corporate Communications and Brand Management strategy through creation of digital and print content, for enhanced communication with both external and internal audiences.
The Creative Content Specialist will be in charge of creating content in a way that packages ideas into powerful messages which captures attention and motivates action as well as act as Heartland Dental's social ambassador. Excellent writing skills are a must, as is the ability to think like a marketer, developing deep understandings of target audiences and the channels through which they consume messaging. As part of a growing team, there is ample opportunity to take initiative and contribute past just fulfilling content requests. You'll be relied on to take an active role in brainstorming on any number of topics, helping to further the Heartland Dental brand.
Heartland Dental proudly supports 850+ dental offices and more than 10,000 team members across the country. We are hard-working, fun-loving and fast-growing - looking for our next perfect fit!
To give you an idea of the team structure, you will work closely with all the Corporate Communications and Brand Management team, reporting to the Digital Brand and Content Strategy Supervisor.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
● Lead the development of a content strategy that supports and extends all marketing initiatives, including direct mail, print collateral and digital.
● Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
● Maintain brand content calendar, including generating ideas, regular social posting and blog distribution.
● Manage employment reputation on candidate facing sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook and Indeed - engaging and responding to feedback on the determined cadence per platform.
● Create stories that convey the brand voice and personality and to deliver content clearly and intuitively to key audiences.
● Provide SEM, SEO, keyword and metadata optimization to support all brand marketing initiatives.
● Develop standards, processes and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval and re-purposing.
● Develop and manage organic social programs: audience recruitment; content strategy; influencer engagement; social listening.
● Support core thought leadership creation by developing a variety of communications including emails, scripts, presentations, resources and guides, webinar materials, sales enablement materials and more.
● Execute omnichannel brand communications efforts to increase brand awareness and reach.
● Support event planning and execution through brainstorming, developing content in the forms or emails, presentations, social campaigns and branding elements, and assisting with additional materials as needed.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field.
● Superior communication skills - written and verbal
● Knowledge of social media tools and digital platforms
● Creative thinker with a preference for working in a dynamic, hands-on environment
● High level of integrity, work ethic, autonomy, professionalism and self-motivation
● Highly organized with ability to prioritize to meet project deadlines
● 2-5 years of content experience
● Skilled communicator with the ability to inform and influence at all levels
● Experience with inbound marketing platforms such as HubSpot is a plus
● Ability to use both data and intuition to make informed decisions
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.